Site Update

News and information about the site

Moderator: Soñadora

Site Update

Postby Soñadora » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:04 pm

This is a cross post from Off Topic:

You may have noticed I've been scarce around these parts. You may also remember that I went back to school to finally finish my degree in Industrial Engineering. I am now coming up on my final semester.
For two years, this has been a focus and everything else has been put on hold. We did not spend any real time aboard Soñadora to speak of last season. This summer will be different and I anticipate a renewed communion with her.

It's also one of the reasons I've been a bit scarce around here. I have some time over the holidays to give this place some love. I've reached out to Alex to help resent some access that I need. I'm hoping to upgrade the site to include new security features that will allow us to once again allow newcomers.

In the meantime, please send me any requests you've had from friends and I will get them added.
-Rick Beddoe

check out Soñadora's Refit
Soñadora

Re: Site Update

Postby JoeP » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:13 am

Soñadora wrote:This is a cross post from Off Topic:

You may have noticed I've been scarce around these parts. You may also remember that I went back to school to finally finish my degree in Industrial Engineering. I am now coming up on my final semester.
For two years, this has been a focus and everything else has been put on hold. We did not spend any real time aboard Soñadora to speak of last season. This summer will be different and I anticipate a renewed communion with her.

It's also one of the reasons I've been a bit scarce around here. I have some time over the holidays to give this place some love. I've reached out to Alex to help resent some access that I need. I'm hoping to upgrade the site to include new security features that will allow us to once again allow newcomers.

In the meantime, please send me any requests you've had from friends and I will get them added.

Congrats on making it to the final semester Rick!

I would like to request that we be able to upload larger file sizes (photos).
JoeP

Postby Soñadora » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:05 am

JoeP wrote:

hmmm...the site is actually set to unlimited. I suppose there may be a size limit on the AWS host. I know it's a little bit of a pain, but if you follow the attachment suggestions (somewhere on this site) you should be ok.
-Rick Beddoe

Soñadora

Postby JoeP » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:03 pm

Soñadora wrote:
JoeP wrote:

hmmm...the site is actually set to unlimited. I suppose there may be a size limit on the AWS host. I know it's a little bit of a pain, but if you follow the attachment suggestions (somewhere on this site) you should be ok.

Hers a test.

IMG_20191207_200807_198.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JoeP

Postby JoeP » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:22 pm

I tried again with a larger 4.95 MB jpeg and got a message that the image file is invalid.
JoeP

Postby Soñadora » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:43 pm

JoeP wrote:I tried again with a larger 4.95 MB jpeg and got a message that the image file is invalid.

"Invalid" may be different than "too large". Depending on how the image was captured, there could be metadata in the file that is not compatible.
-Rick Beddoe

Soñadora

Return to News