Fine tuning Tesla track mode for hipo snow driving

If it ain't about boats, it should go here.

Moderator: SoƱadora

Fine tuning Tesla track mode for hipo snow driving

Postby avramd » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:05 am

Hey everyone,

I know this really belongs in the EV thread, but I figured I'd make it a first-class topic in case there are folks here that don't follow that thread, but that do care about high performance snow driving.

I'm sure many of you know that Tesla has a thing called "Track Mode," that lets you dial in some vehicle dynamics. Originally it was only available on the Model 3 Performance, and then the Model S Plaid. Elon finally gave it to us Model Y Performance owners, so I immediately signed up for the Winter Driving School put on by the local Audi club.

I had done the school back in '02 in my S4 already. It was both a blast, and astronomically effective. I wanted a safe place to both iterate on the settings and get the hang of the differences in behavior of the Tesla vs the Audi's and Subaru's that I'm used to driving in the snow. It was a tremendously successful weekend.

Getting the settings right was actually much more challenging than I was expecting. I did a detailed write-up of it on a Tesla forum, but I thought I would also share a link to it here too. We get much more interesting conversations here than any other forum I've been able to find about anything anywhere.

Here it is: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads ... ng.292597/
avramd

Return to Off Topic